2006-12-06

Neglect, etc.

I haven't stopped doing things on this list, but I have stopped posting about them. Deal.

I completed "Friends #6," which was to play board games with friends. Over Thanksgiving, my pal Brad came home from Ohio, and we went over to our friend Chris's to play. I have discovered the joy of Euro-games.

I dressed up for no reason, wearing a shirt and tie to a day's worth of classes. Done and done.

I rediscovered "reading for pleasure," and I have to say that it was far earlier than I had intended. I figured it would wait until after I graduated school and cooled down from my English-major-reading fervor. However, I made friends with a little monster called "Seminar in Drama," where we've been reading modern drama. I was moved by classics like "Our Town" and puzzled by modern plays like "The Birthday Party" and "Buried Child." Either way, I enjoyed the hell out of it. I ate them up. I discovered I could enjoy reading even when I had to do it for class--assuming the reading was worth my time.

Write a short story...I did one better, but I'm still going to count it. I wrote a novel. And no, I won't post it, because it's not swell.

Writing a poem every week. I'm sure that I've been slacking, but I've found that I can't force myself to write a poem. Sometimes it comes to me and sometimes it doesn't. I think, though, I've averaged about a poem per week. Just Monday I wrote two good ones. The real test will be keeping it up through times when I'm not in a poetry class.

I'm halfway done with the completion of my Beatles collection. I received "Yellow Submarine" for my birthday. Now I only have one disc to go--the "songtrack" to Yellow Submarine--to finish that puppy off for good.

Finally, I spent my birthday (observed) with my family playing Trivial Pursuit. My parents, my brother, my sister, and her manfriend. That's it. Move along.

Aside from the dubiousness of the poetry task, I have officially failed my first task. It has been over two months since I've seen Chris the Great or Tim. I'll have to get on it--I have a winter break coming up in a little over a week. Here's hoping.

No comments: