2006-09-21

Team America: World Police

Team America: World Police

I saw this one in theaters the first weekend it was released. It should have been huge with me: I love everything else released by Trey Parker and Matt Stone (South Park, BASEketball, and Cannibal: The Musical among others); I love political humor; and I love stupid puppets.

It was extremely disappointing then.

When I popped in the Unrated DVD, I was hoping for a better experience and was, once again, let down. It's just really not all that good of a movie. Many of the jokes fall flat. There are redeeming qualities: the musical score by Harry Gregson-Williams and the songs by Trey Parker are both top-notch. The craftsmanship is a marvel. While they look like "crappy puppets," there are some instances that I was impressed with what they did.

Probably won't be popping this puppy in again any time soon.

No comments: